Clarksdale City Clerk
Cathy Clark went to work for the City on December 1, 1988. She was hired as the Accounts Payable Clerk and became Chief Deputy City Clerk in March 1995.
Cathy has performed all the duties of the City Clerk’s Office at one time or another, which has included the collection of taxes, privilege license, permits, accounts payable, payroll, deposits, and personnel. She was instrumental in the implementation of the current computer system for finance and payroll. She obtained her Mississippi Deputy City Clerk certification in June 1994 which was a three-year tested program.
Cathy became City Clerk for the City of Clarksdale in July 2001. In June 2012 she became a Certified Municipal Clerk-Collector, an honor she is truly proud of accomplishing. Cathy furthered her education by becoming an International Institute Municipal Clerk member. After hours of training and meetings, she also obtained her IIMC Certified Municipal Clerk membership in March 2013. She also is proud to have received her Masters in Municipal Clerk Certification in July 2016, which took her three years of hard work and dedication to obtain.
Cathy has also participated in four Athenian Dialogues, leadership skills classes. She is much involved in the Mississippi Municipal Clerks Association, and currently holds the title of 1st Vice President. Cathy has further served on many committees for the association and is particularly fond of serving on its Mentoring Committee.
With 29 years as a professional administrator with the City of Clarksdale, Cathy is exceptionally experienced and dedicated to this City.
The City Clerk’s Office
- The City Clerk’s Office is the heart of the City and is responsive to the Board of Mayor and Commissioners.
- The Clerk is the custodian of all city records handling all of the Accounts Payable, Payroll and Deposits. Ms. Clark also operates as the Chief Financial Officer of the City, where she regularly prepares budgets and financial reports for the Board.
- Municipal Taxes are collected in the Clerk’s office, and Ms. Clark is responsible for receiving and disbursing funds.
- Public buildings are managed through the office including the Civic Auditorium.
- All municipal licenses are obtained from the City Clerk’s Office.
- This office is where the public would go for:
— city records
— accounts payable
— financial reporting
— to appear before the City Board
— municipal court dockets & filings
121 Sunflower Avenue
Clarksdale, MS 38614
Post Office Box 940
Clarksdale, MS 38614